So I've been working on some pieces at the moment...a 2 over 3 set of drawers, a coffee table and a set of side cabinets. I've been dithering a lot over the handles for the drawers and moved back and forth between glass, ceramic or wooden buttons. There are so many options out there.
{clockwise: yellow mix from 'These Please' ebay store/Druzy Knob from 'Anthropologie'/mixed glass from'These Please'/clear glass knob from 'Indigo 11'}
However, I need 10 buttons for this piece, so at this stage I need to watch the cost. Hence the reason I've focused on the wood option. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. I love the contrast created between grey tones and wood tones - dark or light. For example...
{clockwise: yellow mix from 'These Please' ebay store/Druzy Knob from 'Anthropologie'/mixed glass from'These Please'/clear glass knob from 'Indigo 11'}
However, I need 10 buttons for this piece, so at this stage I need to watch the cost. Hence the reason I've focused on the wood option. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. I love the contrast created between grey tones and wood tones - dark or light. For example...
So I plumped for some traditional round wood buttons which I've stained in 'American Walnut' and finished off with Fiddes Wax. Probably unnecessary but I love the sheen on wooden handles. Here they are...simple and uncluttered looking but I'm hoping that they will sit well on the piece which is painted in a custom blend of Annie Sloan's 'French Linen'.
Wendy
x...
p.s.
Apologies for missing out the image credits...but if you need them you can find them all on my Pinterest pages.
p.s.
Apologies for missing out the image credits...but if you need them you can find them all on my Pinterest pages.


No comments:
Post a Comment