I absolutely love it when something you've been hunting for {at a reasonable price!} practically falls into your lap. I'm always on the lookout for old furniture hardware...brass cup handles, index tag holders and the like. Well, a couple of weeks ago one of my fellow stall holders turned up with these beauties...
I was pretty over the moon about it. For most, this might not be that exciting a find but for me a was a real boon. It's pretty rare to stumble on, or even find these items locally and if I do happen upon them the price tag is usually pretty inflated. For example, the last time I stumbled on cup handles at an 'antique' store locally, the owner quoted £6 per handle! Yep. That's 6 British pounds. My guy passed these gems on {the entire find - 10 handles, 10 tag holders} for £15. He charged £1 per handle and threw the tag holders in at 50p each. You cannot ask for fairer than that. Bought at the 'antique' store, that little booty of cup handles alone would have set me back £60. Now I can pass that saving on!
I was pretty over the moon about it. For most, this might not be that exciting a find but for me a was a real boon. It's pretty rare to stumble on, or even find these items locally and if I do happen upon them the price tag is usually pretty inflated. For example, the last time I stumbled on cup handles at an 'antique' store locally, the owner quoted £6 per handle! Yep. That's 6 British pounds. My guy passed these gems on {the entire find - 10 handles, 10 tag holders} for £15. He charged £1 per handle and threw the tag holders in at 50p each. You cannot ask for fairer than that. Bought at the 'antique' store, that little booty of cup handles alone would have set me back £60. Now I can pass that saving on!
As usual, have a great day...whatever you're up to!
Wendy
x...
No comments:
Post a Comment